KALINA – FAO 280
HYBRID OF THE NEW GENERATION. EARLY HYBRID WITH HIGH AND STABLE YIELD. STALK IS SHORT TO MEDIUM HEIGHT (about 250 cm) WITH LOWER POSITION OF THE EAR (about 90 cm).
- lt creates up to 18 kernel rows. Ear is cylindrical, excellent on the top, finishes with kernels, healthy grain is in the type of yellow dent corn, large and deep. Husk covers the whole ear very good during vegetation. Hybrid has the high grain yield and excellent ratio grain/cob.
- The stalk is very strong, resistant to lodging and breakage. Because of the deep root system is resistant to stalk and root lodging.
- Relative to its maturity group is characterized by a very quick release of moisture from the grain in the fall and good dry down rate. Few of hybrids from these FAO maturity group can compete with him on this characteristic. It is suitable for harvesting with grain harvester, with minimum or no costs for artificial drying. It can be grown as second crop, suitable after winter crops or crops that are harvested early. Often can reach full maturity, if climatic conditions in the fall permit.
- The hybrid is tolerant to drought and the most important economic diseases.
- KALINA responds extremely well to optimal doses of fertilizers, because of its very high genetic yield potential. In the irrigation it has no equal. If you are willing to invest more in producing this hybrid will yield superior return. Adaptable hybrid, so it is recommended that it is grown on different soil types and in different agro-ecological conditions. Best results are achieved in all lowland and hill areas.
- The recommended planting density 75 000 plants/ha (at 19 cm); On poor soils one should adapt the planting density and reduce the number of plants, but not under 71 000 plants/ha.