ZEROS – FAO 360
NEW MEDIUM – LATE HYBRID WITH EXCEPTIONALLY HIGH YIELD FOR ITS MATURITY GROUP. MEDIUM HEIGHT STALK (approximately 270 cm) WITH LOWER POSITIONED EAR (around 110 cm).
- Hybrid forms 16-20 kernel rows cylindrical and healthy ears. Massive and heavy kernel is in the type of yellow dent corn. Excellent ear ends. High grain yield.
- Resistant to stalk and root lodging.
- One of the best in its maturity group with outstanding dry down rate at harvest time.
- Tolerant to stress conditions, drought and almost all economically important plant diseases. Adaptable hybrid that can be grown in different environments. It is recommended to be planted with intense agricultural practice. Responds to good environment by giving high yield because of its high genetic yield potential. It can be grown from the lowlands to the mountains, up to an attitude of 800 meters.
- lt has the advantage of being harvested earlier and by its yield often exceeds hybrids from the later FAQ groups.
- Recommended planting density: 74000 plants/ha (at 19cm), in poor soil conditions adapt planting density and reduce the number of plants, but not under 65000.