ZONA – FAO 420
MEDIUM — EARLY HYBRID. HIGH GENETIC YIELD POTENTIAL. STALK HEIGHT IS ABOUT 280 cm, WITH MODERATELY HIGH POSITION OF THE EAR (~140 cm).
- Hybrid forms about 22 cm kng ear and 16-18 kernel rows. Ear is healthy with very nice cylindrical shape and color. A very large, heavy kernel is in the type of yellow dent corn. Tends to prolificy, especially in good environment. In that case the second ear is slightly smaller.
- Resistant to stalk and root lodging even at high density. Very robust hybrid, for its FAO group.
- lt is characterized by remarkable early emergence regardless of the time of planting. Planting is not recommended until the soil is heated to a minimum of 10°C.
- It is tolerant to drought and all economically important plant diseases.
- It is characterized by good adaptability so it can be grown in different environments. Suitable for the lowland and the mountain regions as well.
- Recommended planting density: 70 000 plants/ha (at 21,5 cm), in poor soil conditions adapt planting density by reducing the number of plants, but not below 60 000.