AGM5B13 – FAO 500
NEW GENERATION MEDIUM – LATE HYBRID WITH EXCEPTIONALLY HIGH YIELD. HIGH STALK (ABOUT 310cm) WITH LOW POSITIONED EAR (~100cm). HYBRID FROM THE STRESSAFE (STS)® LINE OF THE LATEST GENERATION GENETICS.
- The hybrid creates cylindrical and healthy ear with 18 – 20 kernel rows. Massive and heavy kernel is in the type of yellow dent corn, deep, large and heavy. Excellent ear ends. Very good ear husk coverage. Thin cob allows excellent grain yield.
- Elastic and very solid stalk is resistant to breakage and lodging. A deep root system contributes to its resistance to lodging.
- Another of our hybrid that has a characteristic of quick moisture release of the grain at harvest. This feature makes it one of the best hybrids in the group maturity to which it belongs. It is suitable for combine harvesting of grain and picker for storing in the basket.
- This new hybrid responds well to the optimal dose of fertilizer and intensive agricultural technology. Because of a very high genetic yield potential it gives superior yield then.
- Tolerant to drought and various corn diseases. It is adaptable hybrid and can be grown in different soil types and in different agro-ecological conditions. Suitable for plains and river valleys. Recommended for all corn grown areas in Serbia, where this FAO group can be grown.
- Although by the length of the vegetation it belongs to the group of middle – late hybrids, because of its exceptional genetic yield potential, the yield often exceeds hybrids of later vegetation.
- Recommended planting density: 71 500 plants/ha (at 21 cm), in poor soil conditions adapt planting density by reducing the number of plants, but not below 65 000.