DANDI – FAO 700
OUTSTANDING LATE HYBRID OF FULL VEGETATION. ROBUST COB AND HIGH STALK (about 330cm) WITH LOWER POSITION OF THE EAR (~135cm).
- Hybrid forms up to 22 kernel rows. It has a very long and healthy cylindrical ear. Kernel is very large and heavy and is in the type of yellow dent corn. It is suitable for harvesting with combine and grain harvester as well. It is also suitable for hand harvesting.
- Characteristic are straight, erective leaves in the upper part of the plant.
- Stalk is very robust, solid and resistant to root lodging. Massive root system enables it excellent resistance to root and stalk lodging.
- Because of large plant mass, robust plant and ear is suitable for silage. Ear participation in silage mass is larger than in many other hybrids. Therefore, the silage is of very good quality.
- It is characterized by good early emergence, so the planting should be started as soon as the soil warms up to 8 or 10°C, which is in Serbia usually in late March or early April. Early planting is recommendable i.e. as soon as the weather conditions become favourable.
- The hybrid is exceptionally tolerant to drought and plant diseases.
- Because of its high genetic yield potential responds excellent to adequate fertilization and irrigation and it has no equal among the hybrids of its length of vegetation. Adaptable hybrid and can be planting in different soil types and agro – ecological conditions. The best results achieves in the lowlands and river valleys with intense agricultural practice.
- Recommended planting density: 62 500 plants/ha (at 23 cm), in poor soil conditions adapt planting density by reducing the number of plants, but not below 58 000.