DIAN – FAO 510
A NEW GENERATION HYBRID. MEDIUM — LATE RIPENING, HIGH AND STABLE YIELD. STALK IS MODERATELY HIGH (AROUND 300 cm) WITH VERY LOW POSITIONED EAR (~100 cm). HAS ALSO BEEN CREATED USING STRESSAFE (STS)® METHOD OF CLASSICAL SELECTION OF THE LATEST GENERATION.
- Hybrid forms cylindrical and healthy ears with 18 – 20 kernel rows. Deep, massive and heavy kernel is in the type of yellow dent corn. Hybrid gives high grain yield.
- Hybrid is resistant to stalk and root lodging because of its deep root system.
- Hybrid is characterized by a very quick dry down rate at the harvest time. By this characteristic DIAN is one of the best in its maturity group.
- Adaptable hybrid, that can be grown in different environments. Tolerant to drought and plant diseases, suitable for both low-lend and mountain regions. Because of its very high genetic potential, hybrid responds favourably to intense agricultural practice.
- Because of its exceptional genetic yield potential DIAN exceeds the later FAO group hybrids.
- Recommended planting density: 71 500 plants! ha (to 21 cm), in poor soil conditions adapt planting density by reducing the number of plants, but not below 65 000.