RABINA – FAO 400
MEDIUM – EARLY HYBRID, ALREADY KNOWN AMONG THE PRODUCERS AS A STABLE AND HIGH YIELDING HYBRID. MEDIUM HEIGHT STALK (approximately 265 cm) WITH SOMEWHAT LOW POSITION OF THE EAR (around 115 cm). CREATED WITH THE STRESSAFE (STS)® METHOD OF CLASSICAL SELECTION.
- Hybrid forms a very long ear with 18-20 kernel rows. Very large and heavy kernel is in the type of yellow dent corn. Ear is around 26 cm long. This hybrid has cylindrical ear, with the top end that indicates a very quick drydown rate. High rate of prolificacy.
- Excellent early growth even at the soil temperatures around 10o C.
- The stalk is strong. The short, lancelet and erect shape of the upper leaves indicate better adoption of solar energy at high planting density, and therefore higher yield. At the harvest time stalk is completely dry, and the ear remains on the stalk.
- Exceptional dry down rate, suitable for grain harvesting without artificial drying.
- It is highly tolerant to stressful conditions, drought and plant diseases. The hybrid has high genetic yield potential.
- In intense agricultural practice it responds by increasing yield But In poor environment it’s still a hybrid you can rely on. It is suitable for planting in the lowland regions, mountain regions, and river valleys. Can be harvested earlier than majority of other hybrids, allowing early cultivation of the soil.
- Recommended planting density: 73000 plants/ha (at 20 cm), in poor soil conditions , adapt planting density by reducing the number of plants, but not below 60 000 plants/ha.