SIBILA – FAO 410
NEW GENERATION GENETICS. EARLY HYBRID WITH EXTRAORDINARY YIELD IN ALL CONDITIONS. STALK IS ABOUT 300 cm HIGH, WITH LOWER POSITIONED EAR (ABOUT 110 cm).
- Hybrid creates up to 18 kernel rows. It has cylindrical shape and excellent top that finishes with kernels in most of the cases. Healthy grain is in the type of yellow dent corn, very large and heavy. Hybrid has the high grain yield and excellent ratio grain/cob. It is suitable for harvesting with combine and grain harvester as well.
- Although it is higher the stalk is extremely strong and elastic, resistant to breakage. The hybrid itself is resistant to root lodging.
- Relative to its maturity group is characterized by a very quick release of moisture from the grain in the autumn and good dry down rate and by this feature it is one of the best in its maturity group.
- The hybrid is extremely tolerant to stressful conditions whether to drought or cold weather during sowing. It is also tolerant to almost all economically important corn diseases. It can be grown in different soil types as well as in different agro-ecological conditions. Due to the plant architecture and erectile upper leaves, it is recommended to be grown where intensive agricultural technology is used, i.e. a larger number of plants per unit area is grown. Due to its high genetic yield potential, this hybrid responds very well to favourable conditions, when gives superior yields. Large cob, heavy grain and stable yield compensates failures in agro-technology very easy. Recommendable for growing in all areas in Serbia, from the plain areas to the mountainous ones, up to 800m altitude.
- It can be harvested in the autumn earlier than other hybrids, and the yield often exceeds the hybrids of full vegetation. This allows earlier autumn soil preparation.
- The recommended planting density: 74 000 plants/ha (at 19 cm); In poor soil conditions adapt planting density by reducing the number of plants, but not under 65 000.