TITOS – FAO 580
THE LATEST HYBRID GENERATION. SUPERIOR MEDIUM – LATE HYBRID WITH LOWER STALK (ABOUT 270cm) AND LOWER POSITIONED EAR (~100cm). VERY HIGH AND STABLE YIELD. ANOTHER HYBRID OF THE STRESSAFE (STS)® LINE OF THE LATEST GENERATION GENETICS.
- The hybrid forms 16 – 18 kernel rows with regular rows of grain. The ear is cylindrical and almost every ends to the top. Grain is in the type of yellow dent corn, healthy, large and deep. Very good ear husk coverage. High grain yield.
- A characteristic feature of this hybrid is that the stalk is solid, elastic and resistant to lodging and breakage at high densities of growing. Diversified and deep root system makes it resistant to root lodging.
- Tolerant to colder soils in the spring. Excellent early growth even when the soil temperature is 10°C below zero.
- There are not many hybrids from this FAO maturity group which can compete with this hybrid on the speed of grain dry in the autumn. Under this feature it can be classed among the best in the maturity group to which it belongs. It is suitable for combine harvesting for grain, with no or minimum costs for artificial drying. Because of healthy ear which excellent ends, it is suitable for storing in the basket, or harvesting pickers.
- Tolerant to stressful conditions and to various economically important corn diseases. Flexible and adaptable hybrid and can be grown on different soil types in different agro-ecological conditions. It is recommended where intensive agricultural technology is applicable, because it responds very well to the favourable conditions and then gives superior yields. Under the irrigation conditions it shows its high genetic yield potential and it has no equal.
- The best results are achieved in the plain areas and river valleys up to 200 m above sea level.
- The recommended planting density: 70 000 plants/ha (at 21, 3 cm), in poor soil conditions adapt planting density by reducing the number of plants, but not below 64 000.