ZITA – FAO 500
MEDIUM – LATE HYBRID OF THE LATEST GENERATION WITH SUPERIOR AND STABLE YIELD. STALK HEIGHT IS MEDIUM (ABOUT 280cm) AND VERY LOW POSITIONED EAR (~90cm).
- Cylindrical ear forms 18 – 20 kernel rows. Grain is in the type of yellow dent corn, deep, large and heavy. Excellent ear ends. Very good ear husk coverage. Thin cob allows excellent grain yield.
- The stalk at this hybrid is very thin, but elastic and very solid. It is resistant to lodging and breakage. Because of the deep root system it is resistant to root lodging.
- The hybrid has a large and diversified frother which produces an abundance of pollen. Therefore, it is tolerant to high temperatures at the time of pollination and the ear is generally full of grains.
- Relative to its maturity group is characterized by a very quick release of moisture from the grain in the moment of harvest and by this feature it is one of the best in the maturity group to which it belongs. Few of hybrids from this maturity group can compete with it on this characteristic. Despite that characteristic it is suitable for storing in the basket because of the healthy ear which has a great ending. It is recommended for harvesting with combine or grain harvester for storing in the basket. Responds well to the optimal dose of fertilizer. With intensive agricultural technology it gives very high yields, because of high genetic yield potential. It is suitable for plains and river valleys. Recommended for all corn grown areas in Serbia, where this FAO group can be grown.
- It is tolerant to drought and various corn diseases. Therefore, it is recommended for growing in different soil types and in different agro-ecological conditions.
- Medium – late hybrid for its exceptional genetic yield potential often exceeds the yield of hybrids of full vegetation.
- The recommended planting density: 71 500 plants/ha (at 21 cm), in poor soil conditions adapt planting density by reducing the number of plants, but not below 65 000.